Sunday, June 29, 2008

How fast they grow up...

Last week, 2 of my nephews had graduations. One from high school, and one from jr. high. The older one I just gave money. What else does an 18 year old want? The other, the 14 year old, is very into theater. He only wanted to see RENT on Broadway. So, being the very cool aunt that I am, I surprised him with 2 tickets to the show. I thought "how cool to spend the entire day, just the 2 of us, in NY...lunch, show, dinner, shopping...whatever he wants." So, this weekend, that's just what we did.


...with one exception. Scott thought it would be much cooler to spend the day in NY...lunch, show, dinner, shopping, whatever he wants...



With his friend, Jake...

and hey, even cooler that I would tag along to drive and pay for everything.

So that's what we did. And quite honestly, it was a pleasure. After the show (at $120 a pop may I add, because I wasn't taking any chances on not getting good tix) the boys informed me that the show was OK, but they liked the movie better. Could have saved myself a few buck there, but hey, dinner will be great.

So, we went to a really nice place and the only criteria I had for choosing this particular place is that they have crab legs, because they are Scott's favorite, and I wanted him to be able to order them. Try taking two 14 year old boys to a place where the decor consists stuff like this...


After the hysteria that followed...they ordered their crab legs. Then they ordered another order of crab legs each, like this was an "all you can eat" buffet. But at least the conversation with my precious nephew was flowing over dinner...



...when he wasn't texting his friends about the x-rated decor in the restaurant that his incredibly cool aunt took him to.

So, off to Dylan's Candy Bar for $15 sundaes and all the candy they could buy.


All kidding aside, we had a great day...Scott and Jake had a blast, and so did I. But next time, its movies and Red Lobster...and I spend the rest at Bloomingdales.







1 comment:

the mama bird diaries said...

you are an awesome aunt. that was some gift!