Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where's the camera when you need one......

While out shopping at BJ's over the weekend I got a BRIGHT idea or so I thought it was bright. I decided wouldn't it be great to get a raft for my kids. No not a raft that NORMAL people would buy I bought the big one....9.5 feet long. My first indication that this was going to be too big for me to handle should of been when Lexi and I had trouble getting it out of the store into my car. It was in a box but HEAVY! We finally make it fit in the car and we get it home...now what? Well of course Marc has nothing better to do than get it to the shore and blow it up, which he KINDLY offered to do for his family. The kids are thrilled so excited it's big, looks like fun and we will have hours of fun in the bay...NOT. I decided to try it with Lexi and Austin...and this is where the camera would have come in handy...for a good laugh of course. We wobble back and forth and finally get it in the water. Austin has one Orr and I have the other (I think it's called an Orr...what do I know about water sports!). We are in the water and seem to be enjoying the bay and our new raft until....A bigger boat goes by and we can't steer this thing and now we are all over the place...we get it together after my kids are done laughing....OK so back and forth with the Orr's and we are in sync..except that my in sync and Austin's in sync are 2 different in syncs! Laughter ensues and now I am dealing with this raft all by myself....if you could only picture ME on that raft yelling at my kids for laughing so hard....for those of you that know me well; my yelling is not g rated. LOL. And yes my kids did have their flotation devices on....I finally get this thing back on track and we are headed back home only to find my kids are still laughing and can't get it together. All I can say I was definitely comic relief for all my neighbors and their friends. Did I mention I can't move my arms...all that working out and I can't even handle a raft in the bay!

No comments: