Thursday, June 12, 2008

Picture This

It is the one day of the year...OK one of the days of the year I just do not look forward to.....THE VET VISIT! The dog hides in a corner knowing his annual outing has come and he shivers and shakes but allows the collar and leash to go around his neck...the dog is just happy for the attention. NOW it's time to find the cat...why is it that cats just seem to know what is coming? The cat carrier is not even in the house yet and the cat seems to just somehow know what is coming...how do they do that? So I chase the cat from one room to another and another and another, only to finally figure out she is not sweating I AM! So I put MY tail between my legs and call my AMAZING neighbor to come and help. She doesn't believe me that my cat is NUTS! So now the two of us are prompting her with treats, she is in and out of rooms again and the dog is sitting there wondering what the heck are we doing. After several minutes of prompting and playing nice we corner the cat....we have her in a tight spot and the carrier is now visible...after a few more minutes we are pushing her in the carrier and she will not go; just a little more elbow grease and she is IN....SUCCESS! But my poor neighbor did not walk away unscathed, for her good deed she has scratches all over...and the cat did not seem to feel bad at all! We are finally on our way to the vet and the cat is making noises, the dog is panting and the radio is so loud you would have thought I was doing a jig in my car. The cat, the dog and I did survived our annual vet outing and only 364 more days until I have to do it again....think my neighbor is in again to catch the cat? I wish I had pictures....next time I am inviting our house photographer Emily over with her camera.....

1 comment:

the mama bird diaries said...

You bring them at the SAME time? Wow. Sounds STRESSFUL. Congrats on making that happen.