Friday, August 8, 2008

Party Animal...

My friend Elise is the ultimate party planner. Her kids parties always rock. Spa parties complete with cucumber eye masks...









(yes, she's asleep...but that's because she had
a rockin' time at the spa party.)


sock hops with root beer floats, and poodle skirts




Last night was no exception. She threw a kick ass luau for her 7 year old, Dani. We made awesome cupcakes, and rockin' party favors...









The decorations were totally professional...palm trees, hibiscus flowers...the works.


Here's the problem.


Now my kids want their birthday parties at home. I'm a die hard McDonalds or skating rink party girl. No need for party favors to be "theme" oriented. Whatever they have at the dollar store is just fine by me.

But Nooooo. Now my kids want the all out, totally theme inspired, creative home party.

So this morning my kids started throwing out ideas for their parties. Which are not until December and February. We giggled as we thought of ideas, until...





Jenna shouted..."I want to have a naked party!"





Silence.






Yeah, the teenage years in my house should be great. I'm buying stock in Xanax and reserving my spot at Shady Pines.

Wish me luck!













No comments: