Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Miss Popularity...

By accident, I joined Facebook. I got some random email that someone wanted to be my "friend" so I clicked, and next thing I know, my entire address book gets a message that I want them to be my facebook friends. Totally bizarre. Anyway, I'm proud to say that I have 49 friends. And I know what they are doing at any given moment. For example, I know what someone is eating. I know that someone else is getting ready to go to a birthday party. I even know what some people are anticipating..."so and so can't wait to go fishing this weekend!" My question is ... Who gives a crap? I have always been of the mindset that if I didn't keep in touch with you from high school/college/etc., then I really don't care what you're up to these days. You are either married with a couple of kids, like me, or you're not. Either way, I don't really care. And if you are doing something more exciting than that, I don't want to know that either, just to make me feel like my life is boring and sucky. If you are not someone from my sordid past, then you are one of my current friends or aquaintences. In which case, I see or speak to you on the phone probably daily, if not once a week or so. However, I will admit, it is an obsession for me to get more "friends." Some people have over 300!! Wow, they must be really cool and popular! I gotta get me some of that.
Anyway, chat later...gotta go check out "My Space"

No comments: