Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This Can't Be Normal...

OK, I know that laundry sucks. I also know that everyone loses an occasional sock or two. How, no one knows...we just know that this is a universal mystery. No witty observation here. however, is this normal?



Yes, those are TWO laundry baskets full of socks. I believe at one time one basket was filled with singles, and the other was just socks that I needed to sort and fold together. Which I never did. And now they've meshed. And now this is the result. Every morning I dig through for a pair of socks for each kid. I can't bring myself to sort the socks. It's a mental thing. I think tomorrow I'll throw them all out, go to Target, and buy 7 new pair of socks for each of us and just start over. Is there some kind of charitable organization that collects used, unmatched socks so I don't feel like such a laundry failure? If so, please let me know.

3 comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

Those baskets of socks are hilarious!

Ellen Reilly said...

Too funny! When you solve the mystery, please share!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Yes, Yes! When I saw this picture I thought I was looking at my baskets of socks!

I have continually thought of throwing them out but when I think of the money I spent on those socks I just keep them. Only problem here is that I still buy more and more so I don't have to navigate those dreadful basket only to find the new, just purchased socks are ending up in the monster baskets as well.

On occasion I overpay for the socks with the colored rings at the ankle so, in my mind, I could pair them easily. That didn't work either!