Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dora has left the building...

Not to be mean, but I'm sick of characters. Dora, princesses, Rugrats, you name it, I want it out of my kids wardrobe. The girls are 7 and 4. Time to move on. Vintage rock t-shirts are more my speed. We are also now into the "Little Miss...", Hannah Montana, High School Musical (which I'm not thrilled with either, but I will choose my battles.) I'm not someone who cares about brand names...it doesn't have to be fancy or expensive at all, just NO CARTOON CHARACTERS! Unless, of course, its underwear. Then the sky is the limit. Go crazy. Even Teletubbies are welcome. Anyway, I digress...
I have a bin of clothes that my kids have outgrown, and of course, its been lingering around my house for months, waiting for the day that I remember or find the time to bring it to the friend who has a kid who will fit into them. Another friend who is from out of town was staying with me, so I told her to check out the bin for her daughter. For various reasons, she didn't have too much time to rifle through everything, but to my great pleasure, the one item that she picked out, the DORA BIKINI !!!! I know, you are all wishing me much mazel. It is such a joyous day in my home now that Dora has left the building.

No comments: